How to capture thralls[edit | edit source]
Thralls are captured by knocking them out with a Truncheon, dragging them back to base with Fiber Bindings, and breaking their will on one of the various Wheels of Pain. Players also need some gruel, to keep the thrall alive while they're going around and around. Thralls can help guard bases, help in crafting, entertain players, and unlock powerful advantages such as flawless weapons or even help in summoning avatars.
Thrall specializations[edit | edit source]
Thralls have a variety of specializations. Most can be visually identified from a distance by what they are holding, e.g. bow/crossbow is an archer, sword and shield is a fighter. Thralls placed on a crafting station reduce the materials needed to craft items.
|Archer||Guards areas||Wields a bow or crossbow|
|Armorer||Place at an Armorer's Bench||Wields a Repair Hammer.|
|Blacksmith||Place at a Blacksmith's Bench||Wields a Repair Hammer.|
|Carpenter||Place at a Carpenter's Bench|
|Cook||Place at a Campfire or Bonfire or Cauldron||Wields a Repair Hammer.|
|Entertainer (Dancer or Musician)||Removes corruption and provides a health regen buff||Is seen dancing|
|Fighter||Guards areas||Wields a weapon or sometimes is unarmed|
|Priest - Mitra||Place at a Shrine of Mitra||Dressed in blue and found at a Mitran altar|
|Priest - Set||Place at a Sepulcher of Set||Wears an Egyptian mask|
|Priest - Yog||Place at a Pit of Yog|
|Smelter||Place at a Furnace||Wears mitts|
|Tanner||Place at a Tannery||Wields a large cleaver.|
|Taskmaster (Slaver)||Place at a Wheel of Pain||Wields a Truncheon and Fiber Bindings|
Thrall levels[edit | edit source]
Every specialization has 4 different levels, identified with an I, II, or III at the end of their name, with tier 4 thralls being uniquely named. The exceptions are taskmasters, who have an apprentice, journeyman or master tag.
Depending on their levels, artisan thralls allow for faster crafting in the bench or lowered resource costs.
- Level I will speed up crafting by approx 10%.
- Level II reduces crafting cost by 25% (cost rounded down to lowest whole number)
- Level III is slightly faster than a level II. Some will give additional recipes for their race when placed at a crafting station.
- Named Thralls reduce crafting costs by 50% and increase crafting speed by approximately 50%. Will give additional recipes when placed at a crafting station.
- A Carpenter II placed at a carpenter's bench allows you to craft Shaped Wood for 7 Wood instead of 10.
- A Blacksmith II placed at a blacksmith's bench allows you to craft Iron reinforcement for 1 iron Bar
Fighter/Archer thralls seem to gain more health and armour from their tiers, whereas their damage seems to be based on what weapon they use.
Named thralls (level 4)[edit | edit source]
Level 4 thralls are named and thralls placed on crafting stations may sometimes provide additional recipes.
Races[edit | edit source]
Clan[edit | edit source]
There are various Clans that roam the lands of the exiles and can be found in various locations around the world.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Arcos the Wanderer
- Child of Jhebbal Sag
- Gilzan the Treasure Hunter
- Jamila the Pirate Queen
- Muriela the Artisan
- Nunu the Cannibal
- Petruso the Sandstorm Maniac
- The Archivist
- Warmaker Klael
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Thralls are another important tool for survival. Capture a blacksmith thrall and they will give access to items only crafted by that specific thrall via the Crafting Machines. For example, a Stygian thrall allows players to create Stygian weapons even though their character might be from a different race.
- One of the advantages of capturing thralls, is that they can be used to defend a base when the player is not around.
- The exiles along the starting river are currently basic low level thralls.
- After a trained archer or fighter is placed, they don't appear to equip weaponry until engaging in combat.