Lore[edit | edit source]
|“||I think I must be dreaming. I visited pirates today. Pirates! In the middle of a desert! It's as ridiculous as it sounds. Landlocked pirates who built themselves a ship of stone and iron on a mesa in the middle of a canyon. They dress in pirate garb and call themselves "The Black Hand". They claim to be searching for a way out of the Exiled Lands, the same as Jakkad and I, but it doesn't seem as though they have made much progress. There was a lot of talk about hidden maps and secret treasures. I did not talk to their leader, the Butcher of Khwarizm, but I saw her from a distance. A formidable woman. Whatever these fools who follow her think, she has a real plan.||„|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Black Hand are equipped with iron weapons, bows, iron shields and use stone clubs. They are clad in leather and iron-reinforced cloth, also sometimes sporting exotic extensions in place of limbs.
They come in far greater numbers than the Darfari Cannibals or the Exiles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are two large areas of the map that contain pirates: the eastern side of the desert stretching from the starting river up until the Highlands, and the north/north-eastern regions of the jungle towards the east coast
- Smaller camps are scattered to the east, the south and the southeast of The Black Galleon.
- The largest concentrations can be found on Jamilla's Liberty, The Black Galleon, Scavenger's Berth and Flotsam.
- They are particularly good for farming small amounts of Gold Dust and Gold Bar early on, especially with a Dismantling Bench by breaking down Black Hand Earrings.
- Pirates of the Black Hand enemy NPCs generally have 255 hitpoints. Some notable exceptions are most named NPCs having 330 HP such as Conchaka of Hyrkania or Irniz of the Furnace.
- Jungle camps of the Black Hand faction have several Panther pets with 385 HP, making them much more dangerous than the desert camps.
- 1020 for Tier 1
- 1530 for Tier 2
- 1785 for Tier 3
- Demon-fire Orb-throwing Fighters have 1380, 2070 or 2415 HP (Rank I, II or III)
- 2295 for Tier 4
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The smaller camps are usually not challenging with a little gear due to their scattered nature and small numbers of foes. Most of the smaller camps consist of 1-2 Fighter thralls, 1 Archer thrall and 1 worker NPC.
- Most pirates are moderately armored, so armor penetration plays a larger role against increasingly stronger foes like the Black Hand Captain.
- Due to their small HP pools, poison and bleed stacks are less effective against the majority of Black Hand NPCs, as opposed to high tier factions like Votaries of Skelos.
- Apart from The Black Galleon, most pirate camps consist of small groups of separated enemies or even individuals thus making high damage burst weapons with higher stamina drain or spears very effective.
- Shields can be very effective against the relatively high amount of spear-wielders among T4 fighters, the amount of 1-hand-sword wielding foes and archers from this faction.
Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Camps/Outlooks[edit | edit source]
List of camps in the desert:
- Scavenger's Berth
- Watchers Waystation
- Sullys's Ambush
- Deathwhisper Camp
- Lookout point
- Tarman's Berth
- Spotter's Squat
- Scoundrel's Gateway
- Sailstitch Camp
- Anchor Point
- The Black Galleon
- The Sandspit
- Marauder's Muster
- Bilgewater Break
- Voyager's Vigil
List of camps in the jungle:
- Deckswab's Retreat
- Scupper's Shelter
- Descent of Dagon
- The Crevice
- Talier's Berth
- Jamilla's Liberty
- Captain's Quarters
In the highlands
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Jamila the Pirate Queen
- Ignatius the Greedy (Merchant)
- Koros the Brave (Merchant)
- Owen the Beautiful (Merchant)
|Archer||Conchaka of Hyrkania||Galter of Bossonia||Iekika the Visionary||Sarnai Thorn|
|Armorer||Irniz of the Furnace||Joka Ironfist||Shendelzare||Ogrus Iron-eater||Jehungir Horseshoe|
|Blacksmith||Arvad of Akbitan||Maev the Magnificent|
|Carpenter||Rayne o' the Rosewood||Sigyn the Woodworker|
|Cook||Vatessa the Potent|
|Entertainer||Danyo the Seductive||Imiu of Derkheto|
|Fighter||Black Hand Captain||Braggi the Bold||Captain Ioushuwa||Cruaidh the Crusher|
|Gall o' the Spear-din||Hekkr Waverunner||Sully||Tarman|
|Priest||Yog Arch Priest||Set Arch Priest||Mitra Arch Priest|
|Smelter||Fingal Firetender||Idra Sparkeyes|
|Tanner||Valenso Da Reyn|
|Taskmaster||Saddur the Slaver||Vanko the Fearsome|
The Purge only[edit | edit source]
The Purge only.
Needs further testing / might not spawn yet:
- Narcissa Farsight (Archer)
- Para Strongbow (Archer)
- Rum Runner Vald (Cook)
- Captain Marus (Fighter)
- Captain Oda (Fighter)
- Captain Poscore (Fighter)
- Freebooter Argus (Fighter)
- Freebooter Marcus (Fighter)
- Freebooter Mirak (Fighter)
- Keprel the Buccaneer (Fighter)
- Yela the Siren (Fighter)
1 data mined, needs verification
Common Loot[edit | edit source]
Signature Weapons[edit | edit source]
Signature Armor[edit | edit source]
Wanderer Spawns[edit | edit source]
- Ferrus the Butcher (Fighter)
- Freebooter Arkos (Fighter)
- Freebooter Marcus (Fighter)
- Ghuriel the Wicked (Fighter)
- Hansel of the Blue Seas (Fighter)
- Katerina of the Wild Seas (Fighter)
- Ogra the Headcleaver (Fighter)
- Onis the Quite Angry (Fighter)
- Yen of the Ferocious Wind (Fighter)
Various unnamed spawns like:
- Black Hands Wanderer Spawn 01 - coming soon.