Giant Crocodile (Legendary Creature)
|Giant Crocodile (Legendary Creature)|
|Biomes||River, Desert, Jungle|
|Drops||Fangs, Feral Flesh, Reptile Hide, Skeleton Key|
Description[edit | edit source]
There are at least five Giant Crocodiles that can be found. They are much larger than the standard crocodile, with spikes on its tail. Once killed it will yield Feral Flesh, Fangs and a much larger than normal amount of Reptile Hide. It will also drop a Skeleton Key. Note that the similar Giant Crocodile (Boss), found in Gallaman's Tomb, is not the same creature, and does not drop a Skeleton Key.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Giant River Crocodile[edit | edit source]
This Giant Crocodile is in the lagoon west of The Sentinels.
Giant Desert Crocodiles[edit | edit source]
- One Giant Crocodile lives within a pond in the cave under Mek-kamoses's Spire.
- Another lives in the western part of Priestking's Retreat
- A third is in the watering hole between Waterhole Outlook and Claw Outcrop.
Giant Jungle Crocodile[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
The Giant Crocodile has 3 attacks:
- A short range (~2 foundations), telegraphed lunging bite with a short wind-up and a short, narrow horizontal area of effect extending from its neck to beyond its snout. This is the creature's default attack and can be easily sidestepped without dodging.
- A short range (~2 foundations), nearly instant, auto-aiming bite with a short but wide horizontal area of effect extending from its midsection to beyond its snout - allowing the creature to quickly change direction and track evasive targets. This attack instantly turns the boss to face the target and executes very quickly, making it difficult to dodge. Used primarily when the boss cannot line up a direct frontal attack, and particularly when targets remain too long at its haunches or shoulders.
- A long range (~5 foundations), telegraphed jumping bite with a longer wind-up and a long but narrow horizontal area of effect extending from its neck to beyond its snout. This attack can be easily sidestepped without dodging.
All attacks inherently cause Knockdown, but the knockdown animation can be cancelled by dodging at any point before it connects.
Care should be taken when fighting this boss on uneven terrain, as its lunging and jumping attacks can easily trap you inside its body if it lands on top of you.
On Official or Dedicated servers, the boss can usually be brought down easily by simply remaining behind its neck (near its midsection) to avoid most attacks, then counter-attacking when it lunges. This method relies heavily on latency and sub-optimal server FPS, however, and is not a reliable way to avoid incoming damage without a shield. Another method that is more universally effective, (particularly for two-hand users or those who do not wish to use large quantities of consumables), is to remain just beyond the creature's snout, directly in front of it, and sidestepping when it prepares to lunge; this drastically reduces the chance of an instant (essentially unavoidable) bite, and allows for several hits in between each of the bosses' predictable and easily-avoidable attacks.