Obtaining[edit | edit source]
- Eggs slowly hatch over time into babies.
- Baby animals decay over time into a Carcass unless converted into proper pets,
- Dragon Hatchlings and Dire Wolf Puppies can not be tamed.
- Frostwolf Cubs grow up as regular wolf pets.
- Demonic Spiders can only be spawned via the Admin Panel.
A list of baby animals.
A list of merchants.
|Merchant - Merchant (male)||"I'm certain I've got whatever you need."||Sand Reaper Egg||10 Gold Coins||?||TeleportPlayer|
|Koros the Brave - Merchant (male)||"What'll it be?"||Shoebill Egg||10 Gold Coins||?||TeleportPlayer|
|Merchant - Merchant (male)||?||Spider Egg-sac||10 Gold Coins||?||TeleportPlayer|
|Shawna the Strange - Merchant (female)||"You want something, Exile?"
|Rocknose Egg||10 Gold Coins||"No refunds!"||TeleportPlayer|
On top of the wooden walkway overlooking the ghost dancers.
|Urik, Master Tamer - Merchant (male)||"What will it be?"
"Buy something, I haven't got all day!"
|Camel Calf||10 Gold Coins||"Farewell, Exile."||TeleportPlayer|
On the ledge East of the South Entrance.
Interactive Map[edit | edit source]
Rearing[edit | edit source]
To convert a baby into a thrall, you need to build an Animal Pen. There are three tiers of animal pens (T1-T3) but has no effect on which pets can be tamed, nor their taming speed. The feats can be learned at level 13, 27 and 42 - Iron, Steel and Hardened Steel tiers of progression respectively. Each can hold 5 animals, but the higher tier pens can hold higher tier quality animals. Tier 2 Animal Pens cost 6 Knowledge Points. The tiers are not only to get Greater pets, but also for less decay rate and faster taming.
Eggs need to be hatched either in your inventory, which takes 48:00:00, or in a Compost Heap, which takes 1:11:00. The Rocknose Egg when hatched produces a Pebblenose. The Pebblenose is then placed in the animal pens for rearing. Pebblenose may become a Rocknose, Greater Rocknose, Gold- or Silver-vein Rocknose.
Pet food[edit | edit source]
Pet food can also be Shadespiced, meaning that if you go into the Midnight Grove dungeon and get Shadeblooms from there, these flowers can be combined with various foods to create shadespiced versions of said food. For example, combining the Shadebloom with Savoury Flesh will produce Shadespiced Raw Succulent Meat. This can be done in the Firebowl Cauldron and Improved Firebowl Cauldron.
Pets don't have to be fed, as they depend on a decay timer. If you do not login in 168 hours they will disappear. They will however, sometimes consume infinite amounts of any food when this is placed into their inventory or in the Feed Box. This is a known bug.
Food will decay very slowly when placed in animal pens and the higher the tier of the pen, the slower it will decay. Food will also decay very slowly when placed in food dispensers.
Greater pets[edit | edit source]
Pets have a preference of food. As an example, Shalebacks enjoy plant-fibers but may much prefer oysters or shellfish.
The more appropriate food you give a baby animal, the higher chance it is that the baby animal grows up to become a special version. As an example, a baby hyena can grow up to be a regular hyena, a striped hyena, or a “Greater” hyena.
Once you are able to travel to the Midnight Grove, you can go there to collect Shadebloom, which you use to create shadespiced foods. These grant you a higher chance of getting a rare, Greater, pet when you’re raising them in a pen.
Greater pets are much bigger than regular pets, with a different visual look and increased strength, so it’s wise to stock up on Shadebloom once you have access. If you can withstand the challenges of the Midnight Grove, of course.
List of pet food[edit | edit source]
A list of pet food.
Hunger[edit | edit source]
|“||Think of it as a decay system for pets and thralls. It will help remove pets and thralls that have been abandoned by players, reducing stress on the server databases.||„|
|~ Funcom Forums: More Pet News|
Pets can die from hunger. If the pet does not have food in their inventory, they will die after a while. All pets have special animations to tell you when they're starving and want to be fed.
Pets that are placed out in the world will need to be fed. Those in a pen don’t need to be fed.
There is a special item called a Feed Box that is learned at the same time as the Apprentice Tamer feat is learned. This item is a placeable that, when placed, distributes its inventory to nearby pets. It will also track the feeding time for each pet. Feed Boxes have a 50 meter radius.
Usage[edit | edit source]
If you keep pets in their pens they will generate resources for you. If you place them out in the world you may use them as travelling companions or defenders.
In some DLCs they may be equipped with a cosmetic pet skin.
Resources[edit | edit source]
While pets are grown up and in a pen, and given their favourite food, they produce resources. Typically the resource they produce is “Dung”, but other byproducts can also be attained randomly. Everything from stone to crystals and other items, depending on what type of animal you’re keeping. Tamed Rocknoses, for example, can be an extra source of Stone, Ironstone and Crystal. As well, Gold or Silver veined Rocknoses produce Goldstone and Silverstone, respectively. Spiders and Locust fabricate Ichor and Jungle Birds give feathers as a by product.
Dung[edit | edit source]
Dung is a new item, and can currently only be used to make fertilizer (this is another way of making fertilizer, essentially)
Thrall[edit | edit source]
Once the baby has been converted into a proper pet, they can be taken out from the Animal Pen and placed in the world. From here-on-in, they work as a normal thrall would. They will follow you and attack enemy NPCs and creatures. Currently, only one pet will follow you at a time.
Once you choose to pull an animal out of your pen it can't be put back into it. Like the thralls, your pets will have inventories, which means you can't return them back to your inventory after you've placed them.
- Pets have an inventory, which is opened by pressing the E key.
- Camels have a larger inventory. (See page)
- Pets have a custom side-bar with information about the pets.
- Some pets have special attacks/critical hits which inflict a status effect. These apply to all the pets' variants.
Pet skins[edit | edit source]
|This article or section includes content which is exclusive to the The Savage Frontier Pack, Seekers of the Dawn Pack and Treasures of Turan Pack DLCs.|
Pet skins are cosmetic pet variants. There are 5 pet skins for each of the above DLCs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Animal nests do not supply baby animals or pet eggs.
- Regular eggs do not produce baby animals.
- The ability to make Gorillas into pets is coming in the future. Snake and Mammoth pets are possible.
- Converting either Greater Elephants or Greater Rhinos into Caravan pets (Turan DLC) will cause them to downgrade to be carrier based pets instead of having combat bonuses.
- The pet system and the thrall changes are not intended to add extra grinding mechanics to the game.
- Pets were not able to be implemented for the game's full release.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Cancelled features.
Media[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Funcom Forums: Update 34
- Dev Blog "All About Them Pets" August 1, 2018
- Pets!! Testlive (Streamed live on 21 Aug 2018) - shaiQuera, YouTube
- Tascha (Kyena), main discord
- Funcom Forums: More Pet News
- PETS PREVIEW Stats and Food (18 Aug 2018) - Just Horse, YouTube
- Twitter "FEED ME!" September 5, 2018
- Twitter "FEED ME!" September 5, 2018
- Pet Merchants Location THE DEN, JustHorse - YouTube, August 18th 2018
- Jens Erik, Funcom Forums - August 18, 2018
- "Developer Stream - Conan Exiles Anniversary Celebration - Anniversary Update, Riddle of Steel - Written Summary", Funcom Forums - May 10, 2019
- TL Updates