|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link referred you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|
Description[edit | edit source]
An aggressive cross between feline and canine, these scavengers, while troublesome on their own, are made all the more threatening as they are often found in groups. Should a weary wanderer stumble upon them unprepared, they should flee whence they came for fear of being overrun.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Hyenas inflict crippling damage with their quick and relentless attacks.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Items and resources dropped may depend on the specific Hyena that is harvested and/or tool that is used.
- Hyena Pelt
- Demon Blood
- Alchemical Base
- Advanced Weapon Repair Kit
- Advanced Armor Patch Kit
Pets[edit | edit source]
A Whelp can grow up into 1 of 3 variants:
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Once an adult pet hyena has been placed into the world, it can be tasked with following the Player. If chosen to be a follower, the hyena will follow the Player around the map and should attack any enemy that attacks the Player or that the Player chooses to attack.
- The pet hyena can also be tasked with guarding a particular area around the Player's base. A pet hyena on guard should defend the area against an enemy NPC, wild animal, or The Purge.
- In Official PVP, a pet hyena on guard should attack players from any other clan if they wander too close to the area the hyena is guarding during raid hours.
- In Official PVE and PVE-C, a pet hyena is considered a Player-owned object and, as such, cannot be attacked by and cannot attack other players.
- Pet hyenas can inflict the Crippled Status Effect.
Leveling[edit | edit source]
- Pet hyenas can gain experience and level-up while following the Player. Regardless of whether the Player or the hyena deals the final blow, both parties will receive the experience.
- As the hyena levels-up, their attributes (Strength, Agility, Vitality, Accuracy, and Survival) can change.
- Once the hyena levels up, the message, "Your pet leveled up" is displayed.
- A hyena will not gain experience when not following the Player.
- The current maximum level a hyena can reach is 20.
Food[edit | edit source]
- Pet hyenas do not require food to survive, however feeding a pet hyena their preferred food will give them an increased chance to specific attributes when they gain a level.
- Only the first food eaten after a level up should affect the attribute percentage chances.
Healing[edit | edit source]
- Food may also be used to heal the pet hyena when it takes damage and will automatically be consumed as needed if in their inventory.
|Savory Flesh||+7%||+7%||1 pt healing/sec|
|Raw Pork||+14%||1 pt healing/sec|
|Human Flesh||+14%||2 pts healing/sec|
|Exotic Flesh||+14%||3 pts healing/sec|
|Exquisite Meat||+14%||4 pts healing/sec|
|Abysmal Flesh||+14%||6 pts healing/sec|
|Shadespiced Raw Stringy Meat||+7%||+7%||7 pts healing/sec|
|Savory Jerky||+7%||+7%||8 pts healing/sec|
|Meat Strips||+7%||+7%||9 pts healing/sec|
|Spiced Slivers||+7%||+7%||10 pts healing/sec|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For available perks at levels 10, 15, and 20, see Follower Perks (Canine & Universal)
- Undead Hyena Pets have different preferred foods than their more alive counterparts.