General[edit | edit source]
- Community members have set up a modding discord. Please read the rules when you join!
- This is a link to all guides maintained by Robtheswede (DevKit developer).
Most of these are not yet documented on the wiki, but are listed on the Guide page. Feel free to contribute them!
- This is an alternative launcher. Primary methods are described on Modding.
Unreal Engine[edit | edit source]
- Unreal Engine - Jorge Israel Peña, Blaenk.Denum
- 'Unreal Engine 4' Network Compendium - Cedric 'eXi' Neukirchen, Salty Panda Studios
- Mathew Wadstein, YouTube
- Blueprints - UE Docs
- Substance painter and UE4
Tools[edit | edit source]
- An excellent sharing of blueprint utility for UE
- To determine if an item is a child of a class based on the ItemTable.
- A spreadsheet tool for easy editing of the ItemTable and RecipesTable.
- The Blood .PNG file used internally to apply blood to weapons.
- (An empty Warpaint Icon) by Corintio.
- CharEditLite by Mechani.
- If you want to use high IDs (this must be number) for hair and colors, you can use this or mod the character creation.
- The character creation seems to count the number of rows in the datatable and use an ID incremented from 0 to that number. This needs to be changed to read the real available IDs.
- The sources (GitHub) use an Apache license and can be used as long as you mention the original work, the author and agree that your use of the sources is your sole responsibility.
EZee_AP[edit | edit source]
- CETagUpdator.zip (many thanks to EZee_AP)
- Can be used to update steam tags.
- Calculates the colours used for the temp of the map's TemperatureHeatMap.
- For "cutting" a big heightmap into tiles to be loaded with world composition.
(file should be .r16 format, resolution is the outputted tile sizes)
- Simple LevelProp with custom interaction and its own "Floating Info" widget, including the RPC example from the wiki.
Guides[edit | edit source]
Main article: Guide#Modding
- Setting up UE4 Conan DevKit to use Git on Win10 v1 PDF by Bumble.
- CE Dev Kit Tutorial - Mask Layers PDF by Dr.Nash.
- Creating Clothing in CE PDF by Wulfhere.
- Custom Armor Easy Mode by Darmok.
- DevKit Tutorial Vol. 1 playlist by RingerVulpe.
- Tuto FR playlist by swefpifh (FR)
- Designing Blueprints the proper way in UE4 by Raymond Cripps
- UE4 quick tutorial: Custom collision from Blender by Alen Loeb.
- Reflective Modding Documentation by Ephraim.
- For anyone starting to go for fully custom models on their mod, this might help to gain some prior experience on the matter.
- Nvidia Apex - Clothing Tutorial: From Maya to Unreal by Jessica Kamstra.
- Nvidia Apex - Cloth simulation by Golaem.
- Setting up character volumes.
- Maya - Apex workflow by Ephraim.
- An additional view on the whole armor creation process. Focused on Apex in Maya.
Death2Mongo (DeadlyMidnight)[edit | edit source]
Pulled from this playlist.
- Part 1: Setting up your first mod
- Part 2: Making a placeable
- Part 3: Events and functions
- Advanced: Creating The Sharables Mod (Example)
HellsSauna (Hellsbreath)[edit | edit source]
Pulled from this playlist.
- DataTables (and a compass)
- How to create swimmable / drinkable water
- Spawning NPCs
- Editing Asset
- Saving to a Database (Creating a MOTD)
- /broadcast from the chat text box
- Placeables (Making a door)
JustHorse[edit | edit source]
Tips n' Tricks[edit | edit source]
- You can use the console command
SetServerSetting LogoutCharactersRemainInTheWorld 0to start from wherever you do "play from here" (in case you always start in the last-logout place when running the game from the editor)
- DLC Item-Ranges