Lore[edit | edit source]
|“||Jakkad's people were skeptical when I first stumbled into their city. But they knew his name and then... Shemites! My countrymen! Familiar faces. Some recognized my face, but I quieted them with a glance. [...] The Exiled Lands are a fearsome place, but the people have managed to build something. I have spoken with men who have been here for a score of years. they told me of the Purge, when soldiers ride through the land, slaying and pillaging. They have told me of the sandstorms that arise with such fury out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. I told them of the vision I had in the ruined city. [...] They've agreed to send an expedition.||„|
- Razma of Shem
Description[edit | edit source]
Relic Hunters are literally just that: a band of tomb raiders, plunderers, treasure seekers and daredevils scavenging the ancient ruins of the Exiled Lands.
They are among the oldest, most established and powerful human Factions in the game and have a strong affiliation to Set, as indicated by the Set Priests found in Sepermeru.
The faction is comprised of Shemites, Stygians, Hyrkanians, Hyborians, Zamorians, Zingarans and Kushites.
The Relic Hunters terrorize the Exiled Lands in search of slaves and treasures, pillaging ruins, camps and hideouts. They tend to cover their faces with darkened silk, and wield many large pockets to store their loot. Others wear the insignia and robes of Set and perform grueling rituals on the steps of their temple, doubtlessly influenced by the nearby dead city of the Giant-Kings. Many of their members are also prepared to whip any fool they capture in the desert into submission, and intimidate them in the dressings of primitive slavemasters, barely covering their muscular, darkened skin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Relic Hunters as a Faction inhabit Sepermeru, but can also be found in the north-western Savannah as Relic Hunter Slavetakers, north of Sepermeru and inside the Unnamed City as Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers surrounding human mini-bosses like Ness of Shem. Relic Hunters from Sepermeru are passive unless attacked - apart from Bandits - and generally respond to nearby groups getting attacked as well.
They are amongst the toughest human enemies in the Exiled Lands, with 750 HP being on par with the late game faction in the Volcano. T4 named NPCs of this faction like Beli the Breaker or Inigo the Vengeful land at 825 HP.
When enthralled, these HP values go up to:
- 3000 for Tier 1 or Prisoner, Thug
- 4500 for Tier 2 or Prowler
- 5250 for Tier 3 or Relic Hunter Slavetaker, Plunderer
- 6000 for Bandit Leader
- 7425 for Captain, Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Relic Hunters have the highest health of any human NPC (equal to Votaries of Skelos), and deal high amounts of damage, despite their mid-tier weapons
- Large areas of the city are covered with archers sitting on high ground, so killing those first is a good way to avoid damage
- attacking groups also turns nearby groups aggressive - move slowly and carefully when attacking anyone
- Due to the large number of workers and largely unarmored enemies, raw damage trumps in a lot of fights over armor penetration
- Bleeding and Poison is particularly effective due to their huge health pool
- roughly 40% of the faction uses Daggers, which results in many stacks of Bleeding, plan accordingly.
- fighting with a companion brings the additional risk of pulling unintentional groups
Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Camps[edit | edit source]
- Relic Hunter Slavetaker
- Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers
Wanderer Spawns[edit | edit source]
Various unnamed spawns along the savanna like:
- Relic Hunter Slavetaker Spawn 01 - near The Crowngrove.
TeleportPlayer -272933 -30044 3043
- Relic Hunter Slavetaker Spawn 02 - near The Crowngrove.
TeleportPlayer -262098 8214 -3704
- Relic Hunter Slavetaker Spawn 03 - close to the Westwall.
TeleportPlayer -261489 71915 -2617
- Relic Hunter Slavetaker Spawn 04 - roaming, near The Crowngrove.
TeleportPlayer -232432 -23687
Spawns are depicted with blue triangles on the map.
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Mek-kamoses - Set Trainer
- Anzu the Broke (Merchant)
- Ephremis the Broker (Merchant)
- Handler PutKet'Leon (Merchant)
- Handler Thiena (Merchant)
- Hannah the Broker (Merchant)
The Purge only: Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
|Alchemist||Hebanen the Quack||Master Alchemist Rashida|
|Archer||Ambusher Tyra||Chritis the Tracker||Fann Deg|
|Armorer||Apet the Smith||Blacksmith Nepta|
|Blacksmith||Hap-Zepet Forgeguard||Teph Steeped-In-Fire|
|Carpenter||Am-Hatep of the Timber||Asunkur of the Weald|
|Cook||Karamheb of the Larder||Tap-Et the Taster|
|Entertainer||Luba the Luscious||Thutmekri the Dramatist|
|Priest - Set||Patep the Soothsayer||Thaumaturge Ptah-Mun|
|Smelter||Flametender Khet1||Thunkmek Ironwrought|
|Tanner||Fell Mak-Tet||Dalina the Shielded|
|Taskmaster||Kep-Amut the Merciless1||Tep the Unyielding1|
Needs further testing / might not spawn yet:
- Pauna Piercing-Arrow (Archer)
- Digger Ykon (Fighter)
- Excavator Darius (Fighter)
- Seeker Iris (Fighter)
- Varnis Silverfinger (Fighter)
1 datamined, needs further testing
Common Loot[edit | edit source]
|Shaped Wood||Glass Flask||Glowing Essence||Oil||Gold Dust|
|Silver Coin||Ironhead Arrows||Razor Arrows||Steel Arrows||Ivory Arrows|
|Grease Orb||Water Orb||Gaseous Orb||Candle Stub||Crude Wooden Bowl|