Deep Silver (Global retail)
Spike Chunsoft (Asia)
H2 Interactive (Asia)
|Composer||Knut Avenstroup Haugen|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Expansions||DLCs (payed, cosmetic)|
Conan Exiles is an open-world survival role-playing game being developed by Funcom, set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian and based upon the writings of Robert E. Howard. The events in Conan Exiles take place on Conan’s timeline between the stories Xuthal of the Dusk (The Slithering Shadow) and A Witch Shall be Born.
In January 2016, Funcom announced it was working on Conan Exiles, an open-world survival game based on the Conan the Barbarian brand. The game released on Steam PC Early Access on January 31, 2017 and launched on the Xbox One as part of the Game Preview program in August. At the end of the month, Funcom teamed up with Koch Media/Deep Silver, which handles physical retail for all three platforms since the full release.
On April 27, 2018 Spike Chunsoft and H2 Interactive were revealed to release Conan Exiles digitally and in retail in Japan, Korea and several other territories in Asia. In Japan, Spike Chunsoft released a seperate PlayStation 4 version both for digital download and in retail stores across Japan on August 23, 2018 called Conan Outcasts.
- 1 Description
- 2 Features
- 3 Game Pre-orders
- 4 Barbarian Edition
- 5 Downloadable Content (DLC)
- 6 Credits
- 7 System requirements
- 8 Guides
- 9 Official links
- 10 External links
- 11 Notes
- 12 Media
- 13 References
Description[edit | edit source]
Short description[edit | edit source]
|“||Conan Exiles is the open-world survival game set in the brutal world of Conan the Barbarian!
Survive. Build. Dominate.
|~ Funcom Forums|
Long description[edit | edit source]
|“||You are an Exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for yourself in a wasteland swept by terrible sandstorms and besieged on every side by Enemies. Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate.
Hungry, thirsty, and alone, your first battle is against the harsh environment. Grow crops or Hunt animals for food. Harvest Resources to build Weapons and Tools. Build a shelter to survive. Ride across a vast world and explore alone, or band together with other players to build entire Settlements and Strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.
When strong enough, march into battle and wage war against your enemies to dominate the Exiled Lands. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.
Survive. Build. Dominate. Play alone in single-player mode, or forge alliances and make enemies online on both public and private servers. Will you dominate the Exiled lands, or will your enemies sacrifice you on the altar of their god?
Features[edit | edit source]
Languages[edit | edit source]
|“||Conan Exiles is one of our most international releases ever and that can only be achieved with strong, local partners.||„|
|~ Rui Casais (CEO)|
Interface and subtitles are supported for all of the following languages. Available languages as listed on Steam:
- English (Full audio supported)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Italian (Added on release)
General[edit | edit source]
Taken from the Official Website:
- Combat; among others Clans, siege weapons and explosives.
- Gods: among others altars and avatars.
- Single-player (PS4: 'Remote Play'), (Online) Multi-player/(Online) Co-op/Dedicated servers(Multi-player uses Xbox Live on Xbox).
Steam[edit | edit source]
Taken from the Official Steam Store:
- Steam Achievements.
- Full controller support
PC: Steam Controller.
PS4: DualShock 4.
Xbox: Xbox One Wireless Controller.
- Steam Community Market
- Steam Trading Cards
- Steam Emoticons (Not listed on the Steam Store)
- Steam Workshop.
Servers[edit | edit source]
- GPortal (Server Hosting and maintenance)
- Pingperfect (Parternership, 70 Player Server Provider and Renting)
Official servers are maxed at 40 players to ensure server stability, where private servers may set it up to 70.
- Denuvo Anti-Tamper (anti-piracy protection, 3rd-party DRM).
- BattlEye (anti-cheating measure), which is required for Official servers.
- Wine compatibility (Server Configuration tool for eg. Linux).
Modding[edit | edit source]
- Rcon compatibility (Remote Control).
Technical[edit | edit source]
- See also: Guide.
|“||Conan Exiles and future games will use the combination of Unreal Engine 4 (for the frontend/client) and DreamWorld Technology (for the backend/servers).||„|
|~ Answer to Investors QA feed. on Q: Will Conan exiles use the Unreal Engine? (29.01.15)|
- Unreal Engine 4 (for the frontend/client).
Thether distance will properly not get limited. This is mostly a UE4 limitation. It is definitely not possible for consoles, because of memory constrains.
- DreamWorld Technology (for the backend/servers).
- Graphine's Granite SDK (Supports HDR & 4K textures, engine component)
- NVIDIA Ansel (Screenshots).
- NVIDIA GameStream (TV gameplay at up to 4K HDR).
Other[edit | edit source]
- Early Access (Steam co-promotion).
- Game Preview (Xbox One co-promotion).
- “The Way It’s Meant to Be Played” (NVIDIA co-promotion).
Upcoming[edit | edit source]
Game Pre-orders[edit | edit source]
Conan Exiles was released on May 08, 2018 and is no longer available to pre-order. There are different pre-order incentives for digital and retail versions of the game.
Digital pre-orders[edit | edit source]
Physical pre-orders[edit | edit source]
Limited Collector's Edition[edit | edit source]
The Limited Collector's Edition depicted above, includes the following:
- 15 cm polyresin figurine of Conan modeled after Conan from the Conan Exiles cinematic trailer.
- Full-color custom print comic book which tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
- Three Conan soundtrack CDs featuring the music from Conan Exiles as well as Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Rise of the Godslayer.
- Full-color print artbook with production artworks the developers used to guide their vision for the game.
- Full-color printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
- Six digital Conan comic books from Dark Horse Comics, featuring the entire "A Witch Shall Be Born" story arc.
- Digital pen-and-paper Conan RPG rulebook from Modiphius.
- "The Coming of Conan" eBook illustrated by Mark Schultz.
Barbarian Edition[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Edition is a special installment of the game. It is only available in English and includes:
- Full Conan Exiles game
- Conan Exiles Digital Comic Book
- A 16-page, custom made, full-color digital comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics. The comic book tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
- ‘The Coming of Conan’ eBook.
- Collected in this 496 pages eBook volume, profusely illustrated by artist Mark Schultz, are Howard’s first thirteen Conan stories, appearing in their original versions – in some cases for the first time in more than seventy years – and in the order Howard wrote them.
- Modiphius Conan Role-Playing Game Digital Core Book
- This is Conan roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age. This beautiful 368 pages full-color digital RPG book contains everything you need to play the popular pen and paper Conan RPG developed by Modiphius. Also included is a 50% discount to ‘The Jeweled Throne’ optional digital supplement book.
- Age of Conan, Rise of the Godslayer, Conan Exiles Soundtracks
- Listen to hours of amazing music created by the award-winning composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen. The critically acclaimed original soundtracks for Age of Conan and its expansion Rise of the Godslayer are sure to put you right into the Conan mood. The Conan Exiles soundtrack currently has two songs, but seven more will be released within the next few months.
- Conan Exiles Digital Artbook
- Go behind the scenes and discover some of the incredible production artworks developers used to guide their vision of the Exiled Lands. Concept art, renders, interface mockups, and more will give you a unique glimpse into how the visuals for Conan Exiles came to be.
- In-game items for use in the Age of Conan MMO, including 7-day membership
- Items not for use in Conan Exiles.
- Before Conan Exiles, Funcom released the critically acclaimed and award-winning massively multiplayer game Age of Conan and after eight years the free-to-play game is still going strong. Included in the Barbarian Edition are several items you can use in Age of Conan: Savage Rhino mount (a very fast mount with no level or riding requirements), Exile title, Survivalist’s Tools (increases the chance to find rare resources when gathering), Major Rune Stone of the Exile (30% critical damage for 8 seconds every time you make a critical hit, and also provides +25% Mastery (PvE AA) XP and +10% Prowess (PvP AA) XP passively). If you’re a new player, you also get a 7-day membership!
- Conan Exiles Twitch Overlay
- Style up your Twitch stream with this custom Conan Exiles Twitch overlay. The overlay frames your stream perfectly and boosts the Conan vibe with about one hundred percent.
- Conan Exiles Wallpapers
- A collection of high-resolution Conan Exiles wallpapers, turning your computer desktop into a shrine for the greatest fantasy hero of all time!
Comics, eBook, Modiphius RPG book, and Server Discount must be redeemed at third-party websites. To obtain your Barbarian Edition content, please click the ‘Barbarian Edition’ button on the main menu of the game. Your Steam web browser will open and take you to a web page where you can enter your e-mail address to receive your unique codes and information on where and how to get the content.
Downloadable Content (DLC)[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
System requirements[edit | edit source]
Guides[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Listed in the left sidebar of the wiki under Conan Exiles Links, along with unofficial links.
[edit | edit source]
- See also: Useful links.
- Fan-made discord - Vanilla gameplay.
- Modding discord - Mods and mod making.
- Roleplay discord - Roleplay and lore making.
- Français/French discord
- Español/Spanish discord
- PIPPI discord - PIPPI is a well known mod.
Notes[edit | edit source]
|“||Conan Exiles has brutal combat where you can cut off limbs and heads of human opponents and blood is shown frequently. Players may choose to play the game with either no, partial or full nudity enabled. This is possible in both single and multiplayer.||„|
- Below is a list of age ratings per region and their respective organisations. In the US, full nudity is disabled by default.
- There are currently 1159 official servers available over all regions and platforms. They are not moderated, because there are no monthly subscriptions or paid in-game shops to provide the necessary manpower and infrastructure.
- Funcom does not provide classic MMORPG bug/issue-tracking. Instead it depends on multiple report forms that can be found on the Funcom Forums.
- There will be no splitscreen support on consoles.
- Conan Exiles' Early Access was scheduled for September 13, 2016 but was delayed two weeks later due to sufficient feedback, expectations and additional funding for the studio.
- Trailers are made in Oslo, Norway (motion capture) and Uppsala, Sweden (CGI motion capture).
- In an interview with PCGamer, Joel Bylos explained that Conan Exiles was partly inspired by the European migrant crisis.
|“||The exact details of how Conan Exiles and Age of Conan will connect are not decided yet, but it is our intention to cross promote and encourage players from each game to try out our other games, especially for games within the same IP.||„|
|~ Answer on Investors QA feed.|
- The developers have not mentioned details on ties between Conan Exiles and Age of Conan yet. See above quote.
- Italian was not shown on Steam until after May 9.
- Conan Exiles made back its initial development cost during its first week in sales. However, that does not mean that all the money made after that is pure profit, nor that all of it is funneled back into the game. Some of the money was put into Conan Exiles when the developers saw it was a success, meaning they extended the development time and were able to hire more people.
Easter eggs[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Interviews[edit | edit source]
Trailers[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- PS4 Release Dates - Gamespot FAQ
- Conan Outcasts Twitter post
- Dev Blog #9
- Funcom and Koch Media Partners to bring Conan Exiles to stores around the world - August 21, 2017 (Press Release)
- Conan Exiles Is Heading East, Rui Casais - April 27, 2018 (Press Release)
- Dev Blog #1
- statement on adding Italian on release.
- Scooper, October 12 Twitch Stream
- Official Website (bottom)
- IMDb Parents Guide
- Funcom Forums FAQ
- First EA release ETA
- Second EA release ETA
- Q: Will Conan Exiles have direct ties to Age of Conan like The Park had with The Secret World? (29.01.15)
- "REALLY? ALL LANGUAGES BUT NOT ITALIAN?" Reply #10, Community Manager (Nicole V)
- https://forums.funcom.com/t/where-the-magic-funcom/41137/29 - Jens Erik Vaaler, Funcom Forums - October 13, 2018