Star Metal Ore
|Star Metal Ore|
|Both stone and metal from the heavens|
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||This is a grisly thing,' shuddered the clerk. 'It's too ancient to be holy. Who ever saw metal like it in a sane world? It seems less destructible than Aquilonian steel, yet see how it is corroded and eaten away in spots.||„|
|~ The God in the Bowl|
This ore, fallen from the sky, is a gift from the firmament. Put it to your ear and it practically hums with cosmic secrets like the ocean in a seashell.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Star Metal Ore can be harvested from meteorites, which will fall in the western region of the Snow biome, just north of the Mounds of the Dead. Cimmerians nearby hint at this, as they use star metal weapons. You will see them trail across the sky, and hear their explosive boom as they crash land on the mountain ridges. Meteors will destroy player-built structures and kill creatures.
- You must destroy the outer shell of the meteorite before you can harvest it.
- The Star Metal core can be struck 15-20x before collapsing.
- A Steel Pick or higher is required to obtain the ore.
- Obtaining the ore from a meteorite completes a Journey step: Harvest a fallen star for ore
- The following was concluded from looking at the DevKit:
- Every 1800 seconds (30 minutes) a cycle starts (Chance To Spawn Timer)
- Initially (i.e. after server restart) there is a 75% chance that a meteor shower will be triggered (Chance to Trigger Meteor).
- If there is a meteor shower, the next shower comes at least 3 hours later (so in the 6th cycle) with a 2% chance for a shower, as the chance for the next meteor shower is set to 0% and the cooldown to 5 cycles (Meteor Cooldown). After that there can be a potential shower every 30 minutes and every unsuccessful attempt increases the chance for the next round by 2%.
- If no meteor shower triggers then the chance for the next cycle is increased by 2% (Chance Increment) and the Cooldown (Meteor Cooldown) is reduced by 1.
- The number of meteorites varies from 5 to 15 and depends on the following calculation:
- "maximum number (Meteor Shower Max Count) + random number (Meteor Shower Random Amount)"
- where the random number is actually a range from which a value is randomly selected. The range in an actual case is -5 to +5, so it can happen that less than the max value (Meteor Shower Max Count) is spawned. This complicates the logic a lot.
- The source of the idea for the meteorite feature came from one of the developers, either John or Joel.
- Star metal ore and star metal are used as motives in the Conan the Adventurer series.
Uses[edit | edit source]
|Furnace, Improved Furnace, |
Heat-Efficient Furnace, Fuel-Efficient Furnace, Improved Furnace (Kiln)
|2 Star Metal Ore
1 Black Ice
|1 Star Metal Bar||20 s||26|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A fine map of where meteorites could spawn.
A more rough map of where meteorites could spawn.
Meteors fall between the green lines and mostly south of the red lines. The red lines mark the edges of an extension of the mountain range, Skyfall Ridge.
Media[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Exiles Journey Guide#Harvest a fallen star for ore
- "Developer Stream Recap: October 10th, 2019" Multigun, Funcom Forums - October 11, 2019