Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Drops||Claws, Feral Flesh, Hyena Head, Hyena Pelt|
|“||Where there are gazelles and antelopes you are sure to encounter hyenas as well. These snarling beasts have a tendency to hunt in packs, so stay vigilant. If you see one coming after you, you should expect at least one or two more to follow.||„|
|~ Dev Blog 7: Creatures of Conan Exiles|
Description[edit | edit source]
Hyenas are hound-like creatures inhabiting deserts and the steppe of the map. They pose mediocre danger to beginners. They have long legs and a stripped pelt. Thy have a mane of fur on their neck, which stretches to about their shoulders.
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Hyenas can cripple and are very dangerous in packs
- They make decent pets for pretty new players, but can be frustrating in packs.
- Hyenas usually appear up into groups of 2 to 5, making them tough to fight, but they can be alone.
- Single Hyenas can be killed with a Stone Sword
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As their movement speed is higher than that of humans, it is not recommended to fight multiple hyenas at a low level. If approached by multiple hyenas, one can outrun them through deep waters (as they are slow swimmers) or between rocks or trees. Jumping off low cliffs is another viable but not reliable tactic. It is much easier to just try to avoid them in the earlier stages of the game.
Pet[edit | edit source]
For the pet variant, see Tamed Striped Hyena (Pet)