|“||The Purge are enemy NPCs that will be sent into the Exiled Lands from neighboring nations to raid, pillage and destroy everything in their path. Players will have to band together to stop this menace or hide and pray to whatever god that might be listening that The Purge will pass them by. If you do decide to risk it the rewards might be worth it, but you should definitely take the time to build up your defenses.||„|
|~ Dev Blog|
The Purge is a PvE mechanic in Conan Exiles. It is an semi-random event that occurs based on players' actions throughout the Exiled Lands. The Purge involves an army of NPCs or creatures that randomly spawns on the map with the sole purpose of attacking a player-built structure. Surviving a Purge grants the Journey Step: Survive a Purge.
Purge Meter[edit | edit source]
The Purge Meter fills as players perform various activities in the game. When it reaches the first mark at roughly 75% of the bar there is a chance for The Purge to occur. The bar will continue to fill from 75% to 100%, acting as a buffer to trigger the next purge. Clans share the same Purge Meter.
Once eligible, a Purge has a chance to occur at any time.
Purge Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- 1, 2 - Low difficulties are used in the area around the southern river.
(can be resisted with T1 buildings)
- 3, 4 - Moderate difficulties are used in the center of the map and the Jungle biome.
(can be resisted with T2 buildings)
- 5, 6 - High difficulties are used in the Highlands, Snow and Volcano biomes.
(should have T3 buildings to resist them)
Difficulty affects which waves are picked to Purge. Higher difficulty levels have a higher chance to have more powerful NPCs, spawn more waves and spawn more bosses. It is still possible to spawn a level 1 Purge even though the difficulty is set to level 6.
Named Thralls[edit | edit source]
- See also: Thrall.
Players have a chance to capture named Thralls during The Purge. Some may just be plain thralls, but others may provide special recipes that you do not obtain with other thralls - some of these being the only thralls able to craft Legendary Weapon Repair Kits. A few Priests also only spawn during the Purge.
Purge Map[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Offline purges are intended.
- In single-player games they are turned off by default and need to be turned on in the Server Settings.
- It was mentioned that there would not be any Purges south of the main river.
- The Purge icon always appears on the map and indicates where it takes place. This is useful if a clan has multiple bases.
- A purge gives ~10 minutes for preparation after announced.
- In single-player, you must create a clan, preferably at the start of your journey. If you do it once you've already built, you may lose the ownership of all your buildings and thralls.
Issues[edit | edit source]
|“||We are and have been working on an overhaul for the Purge. We fixed partial issues already but we do want to get those fixes out in patches or as a whole because that makes more sense in how the system functions as a whole. There were/are both bug fixes needed as well as underlying logic changes. We will release this to TestLive as soon as we can.||„|
- Currently (On PvE servers), purges may not always work (announcement, grouping, instant win, no mobs). This is not an intended feature.
- The Purge can happen at any point and should trigger eventually, even if players are offline. Reasons for The Purge not occurring on larger servers:
- One clan with a full purge bar is selected at random, per attack, within The Purge's raid window.
- One player equals one clan in the database.
- A logged-out player is considered a clan in the database.
- There is a limit to the number of times that The Purge can be triggered per day.
- Auto-completion or it doesn't occur at all.
- Purges that do spawn may only see damage inflicted by mobs when a special attack is used (e.g. spitting spiders, fire breath of dragons, explosion from imps).
- If a Purge is not able to find anywhere to spawn, it will spawn inside the 'building' it wants to go to. This occurs if something's build on an island, the water, a mesa, top of a tree, or something that isnt on the regular ground.
- If a Purge spawns in the Volcano, it might spawn or navigate into the lava instead.
Known issues[edit | edit source]
|Fixes for The Purge are one of the highest priority upcoming features.|
There are some known issues with The Purge that developers are working on smoothing out:
- A Purge doesn’t strike anyone on the server, even with full Meters, for several days
- This could be a consequence of a server having thousands of clans registered in the database. The Purge targets a clan at random.
- The Purge meter doesn’t tick up as intended on dedicated servers.
- They are working on this issue.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- A look at things to come Dev Blog
- Patch Notes (27.04.2018)
- Dev Stream - Collector's Edition unboxing, Purge raid, Volcano day and more (10:43 onwards)
- Prebata, "Purge settings" - April 25, 2018
- Dev Stream June 8 (starts at 15:18)