|“||The Purge are enemy NPCs that will be sent into the Exiled Lands from neighboring nations to raid, pillage and destroy everything in their path. Players will have to band together to stop this menace or hide and pray to whatever god that might be listening that The Purge will pass them by. If you do decide to risk it the rewards might be worth it, but you should definitely take the time to build up your defenses.||„|
|~ Dev Blog|
The Purge is a PvE mechanic in Conan Exiles. It is a semi-random event that occurs based on players' actions throughout the Exiled Lands. The Purge involves an army of NPCs or creatures that randomly spawns on the map with the sole purpose of attacking a player-built structure. Surviving a Purge grants the Journey Step: Survive a Purge.
Purge Meter[edit | edit source]
The Purge Meter fills as players perform various activities in the game, and falls when the player remains logged out and inactive. When it reaches the first mark at roughly 75% of the bar there is a chance for The Purge to occur, and any amount filled from 75% to 100% will be carried over as The Purge starts. All players within a clan share the same Purge Meter.
Once eligible, a Purge has a chance to occur during Purge Hours which vary depending on Server Configuration. During Purge hours, an eligible player (or clan) will be chosen at random to receive a Purge. Once the first Purge has ended, another eligible player (or clan) will be chosen to receive a Purge. This will continue until there are no more eligible players (or clans), or until the Purge Hours are over.
The Purge will occur for whichever eligible player (or clan) is chosen - whether they are logged in or not (again, dependent on the server settings). If you are on a dedicated server or local game, and you are the only one playing, the purge will only pick you.
Purge Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- 1, 2 - Low difficulties are used in the area around the southern river.
(can be resisted with T1 buildings)
- 3, 4 - Moderate difficulties are used in the center of the map and the Jungle biome.
(can be resisted with T2 buildings)
- 5, 6 - High difficulties are used in the Highlands, Snow and Volcano biomes.
(should have T3 buildings to resist them)
Difficulty affects which waves are picked to Purge. Higher difficulty levels have a higher chance to have more powerful NPCs, spawn more waves and spawn more bosses. It is still possible to spawn a level 1 Purge even though the difficulty is set to level 6.
Named Thralls[edit | edit source]
- See also: Thrall.
Players have a chance to capture named thralls during The Purge. Some may just be plain thralls, but others may provide special recipes that you do not obtain with other thralls - some of these being the only thralls able to craft Legendary Weapon Repair Kits. A few priests also only spawn during the Purge, but all religions now have a T4 Priest spawn point.
Purge Map[edit | edit source]
Purge Types[edit | edit source]
- Purge Type: A band of desperate exiles
- Purge Type: A band of Frost Giants
- Purge Type: A band of Lemurian Scouts
- Purge Type: A band of mad alchemists
- Purge Type: A band of starved exiles
- Purge Type: A bask of lizards
- Purge Type: A cabal of Votaries of Skelos
- Purge Type: A cackle of Hyenas
- Purge Type: A clan of Cimmerian beast-tamers
- Purge Type: A clan of nordheimers
- Purge Type: A clutter of spiders
- Purge Type: A crew of Black Hand Pirates
- Purge Type: A crew of Black Hand Pirates (Swamp)
- Purge Type: A Dogs of the Desert pack
- Purge Type: A gang of degenerate Lemurians
- Purge Type: A gang of roaming bandits
- Purge Type: A group of Vanir hunters
- Purge Type: A horde of darfari cannibals (Ostriches)
- Purge Type: A horde of darfari cannibals
- Purge Type: A legion of demons
- Purge Type: A nest of scorpions
- Purge Type: A nest of snakes
- Purge Type: A pack of wolves
- Purge Type: A plague of locusts (Desert East)
- Purge Type: A plague of locusts (Desert West)
- Purge Type: A plague of locusts (Swamp)
- Purge Type: A raid of Relic Hunters
- Purge Type: A revivifying spirit
- Purge Type: A shambling mass of undead
- Purge Type: A swarm of imps
- Purge Type: A throng of yetis
- Purge Type: A tide of Undead
- Purge Type: A troop of grey apes
- Purge Type: An army of nordheimers
- Purge Type: An avalanche of Rocknoses
- Purge Type: An outcast Vanir chieftain
- Purge Type: Cimmerian Berserkers
- Purge Type: Cultists
- Purge Type: Dagon Slave-takers
- Purge Type: Disciples of Jhebbal Sag
- Purge Type: Razor Gords Kitchen Staff
- Purge Type: Relic Hunter scouts
- Purge Type: The Children of Jhil
- Purge Type: The Followers of Asura
- Purge Type: The Forgotten Clan
- Purge Type: The Silent Legion
- Purge Type: Zealots of Mitra
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Offline purges are intended on official servers; optional on private servers and single-player games.
- In single-player games: Civilized, Decadent, Barbaric - they are turned off by default and need to be turned on in the Server Settings.
- For players with multiple bases it seems that what triggers a purge it must have +90 pieces of foundation/construction, is unknown how the purge choose between your builds, but it seems that has a random factor and also pick the one you had been more close or kill the most npcs close to the area of your builds.
- In Official servers, purges do not happen as frequently, as they can be quite taxing on server performance.
- The Purge icon always appears on the map and indicates where it takes place. This is useful if a clan has multiple bases. On co-op and multi-player it is visible to everyone.
- A purge gives ~10 minutes for preparation after announced.
- If someone else's base is in the way of a purge, it will instead attack there. The owner will have no warning, since it is technically not targeting them.
- Creatures and thralls spawned in the purge have the same loot as they would in the wild.
- Purge Type: An avalanche of Rocknoses - also appears at Desert Oasis base location (near Rhino King)
Issues[edit | edit source]
|“||We are and have been working on an overhaul for the Purge. We fixed partial issues already but we do want to get those fixes out in patches or as a whole because that makes more sense in how the system functions as a whole. There were/are both bug fixes needed as well as underlying logic changes. We will release this to TestLive as soon as we can.||„|
- Currently (On PvE servers), purges may not always work (announcement, grouping, instant win, no mobs). This is not an intended feature.
- The Purge can happen at any point and should trigger eventually, even if players are offline. Reasons for The Purge not occurring on larger servers:
- One clan with a full purge bar is selected at random, per attack, within The Purge's raid window.
- One player equals one clan in the database.
- A logged-out player is considered a clan in the database.
- There is a limit to the number of times that The Purge can be triggered per day.
- Auto-completion or it doesn't occur at all.
- Purges that do spawn may only see damage inflicted by mobs when a special attack is used (e.g. spitting spiders, fire breath of dragons, explosion from imps).
- If a Purge is not able to find anywhere to spawn, it will spawn inside the 'building' it wants to go to. This occurs if something's build on an island, the water, a mesa, top of a tree, or something that isnt on the regular ground.
- If a Purge spawns in the Volcano, it might spawn or navigate into the lava instead.
Known issues[edit | edit source]
|Fixes for The Purge are one of the highest priority upcoming features.|
There are some known issues with The Purge that developers are working on smoothing out:
- A Purge doesn’t strike anyone on the server, even with full Meters, for several days
- This could be a consequence of a server having thousands of clans registered in the database. The Purge targets a clan at random.
- The Purge meter doesn’t tick up as intended on dedicated servers.
- They are working on this issue.
Media[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Todo[edit | edit source]
Additions of variable argument for the admin purge commands according to Purge Types.
References[edit | edit source]
- A look at things to come Dev Blog
- Patch Notes (27.04.2018)
- Friday Dev Stream - Collector's Edition unboxing, Purge raid, Volcano day and more (10:43 onwards)
- Ignasis, Funcom Forums - April, 2019
- Larathiel, Funcom Forums - April 15, 2019
- Dev Stream June 8 (starts at 15:18)