Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Shining Trapezohedron
|The Shining Trapezohedron|
|A crazy angled stone kept within an alien box|
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||It was treasured and placed in its curious box by the crinoid things of Antarctica, salvaged from their ruins by the serpent-men of Valusia... "||„|
|~ The Haunter of the Dark, H.P. Lovecraft|
This artefact is spoken of in whispers by the nighted cults of the Hyborian age. It is rumored to be a window into all of space and time - but with the cost that the user risks baring their soul to powers from the outer dark.
The Serpentmen of Valusia were in possession of this object, and how they came to be living beneath the volcano in the Exiled Lands is a mystery. Perhaps fleeing their genocide at the hands of the legendary Kull of Atlantis, they made their way to the Exiled Lands where they befriended the Giant-kings through worship of their deity, Set. In return they were allowed to live in the Caldera of the volcano and build their cities there.
It was, however, too late for the serpent men, a degenerate and dying race, lacking the genetic diversity to continue. They found themselves coupling with snakes and lesser reptiles in the hope of preserving their species but as time passed, they lost all hope of survival and instead, preyed for bitter revenge upon the races.
They crafted a staff with their ancient magics and summoned a presence via the trapezohedron, to inhabit the staff and lead the Giant-kings to their downfall.
If they must die, they would take as many with them as possible and most especially, the cursed children of humankind.
This is one of the artefacts required to create the keystone that can be used to remove the slave bracelet.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Shining Trapezohedron is obtained by killing The Degenerate who is the boss in The Well of Skelos.
- This is one of the six Artefacts required to create the Keystone that can be used to remove the slave bracelet.
- The Shining Trapezohedron is a reference to H. P. Lovecraft's short story The Haunter of the Dark. In this story, it is used to summon Nyarlathotep, who would then reveal arcane knowledge in exchange for human sacrifices.
- According to the story, the stone was originally created on the planet Yuggoth. It was brought to Earth by the Old Ones prior to humanity's existence. It has been associated with Atlantis and the ancient Egyptians, and was last recovered from the Tomb of Nephren-Ka.
- Though it does not appear in any of Robert E. Howard's official Conan works, the inclusion of the object in this game is a definite nod to the collaborations Howard often had with H. P. Lovecraft.