|FYI for console players:
|Some features have been added, will be added soon, or were cancelled (in)definetly.|
If you find up-to-date or additional information, please help by contributing to the page!
Upcoming features for Conan Exiles.
|Recent updates since Patch, September 3 (Update 38: PC - PS4 - Xbox) and the Blood and Sand Pack DLC.
Older updates are hidden when they have been on Live on all platforms for more than a month.
|Other (current) versions:|
Starting 2019 there will be:
- More channels. Besides Twitch and Mixer, YouTube will now also be streamed to.
- More streams. Conan Exiles' will be streamed weekly, every Thursday (5pm CET / 11am ET / 8am PT)
- Tuesday (7pm CET / 1pm ET / 10am PT): Funcom paints with Bob Ross, hosted by Nicole - Nicole and a developer from Funcom's Durham studio paints along to an episode of The Joy of Painting while talking about games, their industry experience, and whatever else comes to mind. When they're done painting they will reveal their new works of art and maybe raffle them away to a lucky player?
- Wednesday (7pm CET / 1pm ET / 10am PT): Durham day, hosted by Nicole and Andy - The CMs from our Durham office will stream dev chats, gameplay and other assorted content related to games developed in the Durham studio. Expect to see games like Age of Conan, Secret World Legends and others (like future games) in these streams.
- Thursday (5pm CET / 11am ET / 8am PT): Oslo day, hosted by Jens Erik and Natascha - Our Oslo CMs will stream dev chats, gameplay and other related content being made in the Oslo office. Conan Exiles and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden will be the main focus for these streams. This is also when you can tune in to see upcoming games Funcom is publishing.
- Friday (5pm CET / 11am ET / 8am PT): Friday is a wildcard! Fridays are the days where we kick, back and relax a little. Anything can happen on a Friday stream, from playing multiplayer games with the community, co-op games across offices, or casually play a game We have been enjoying recently to share it with our community. The Oslo and Durham offices will be splitting and sharing host duties for the Friday streams.
Focus development areas[edit | edit source]
|“||It is fantastic to see how much you, as a community, care and we want to make sure that you know we are here for you. Your feedback and discussions help us understand your concerns and our improvement potential. It is also a direct inspiration for the focus they are planning to have for Conan Exiles, within the next two months.||„|
Besides fixing general bugs, the following core aspects have been defined, which Funcom partially worked on in the past, as detailed focus categories for the next few patches. They are dedicated to building a strong foundation for Conan Exiles for the next year, improving and expanding on the existing core mechanics before they divide our focus back to fixing AND adding new content. So, do not panic, they are aware that new content is also needed.These are the things that they are dedicating our full attention to for the next two month (including December) and you should see these being patched out to TestLive in quick succession. They do of course also have new exciting things for you in store but for now the focus is on improving the core aspects of Conan Exiles to build a strong foundation for future additions.
General information comes from earlier threads than below subsections. The team is currently focusing on bug-fixing, free updates, and future DLC production.
DLCs[edit | edit source]
- Each of these will be a paid cosmetic DLC with a specific theme.
Free updates[edit | edit source]
- Focus on either retention or acquisition of new (or inactive) players.
- Will continue to be rolled out in the coming months.
- Examples of free updates are eg. new dungeons.
- 1 patch every 4-6 weeks
- 1 possible hotfix within that 4-6 week period if needed.
- Patching all platforms as close together as possible, hopefully the same day.
- More frequent TestLive updates
- Incorporate ongoing bug fixes and testing as needed.
Provides time for
- Extensive bug fixing, tweaking and testing
- Making sure that a patch is as ready and as stable as it can be.
- Taking feedback into consideration.
Part of the developers focus is to refine core mechanics, make exploration more exciting and improve experience as well as the leveling curve. They already have Purge improvement/fixes on TestLive. January and February will see updates where they will gradually deploy more patches to our Test Servers which deal with the following issues, additions and improvements:
- More updates for The Purge (section)
- More performance updates.
- Improvements to AI behavior and controls (section).
- Progression balancing from starting experience to end game.Mostly on Live already.
- Improvements and additions to make exploration both more dangerous but also more rewarding (more on this soon!)
- Fixes to UI and Admin Panel.No details available right now.
- Avatar, Siege and Raiding balancing and improvements. (sections)
- More Exploit fixes (section)
- Building Quality of Life Improvements (section)
- More details and info for each of these areas will be revealed as this progresses, including VoIP (section)
|“||There are going to be some changes to the newsletters next year. The community newsletters came about as a way for us to improve communication with our players during Early Access. We wanted to give you a glimpse into the development process and summarize the current state of Conan Exiles and its development. It would allow us to share upcoming content and discuss some of the things the dev team had been working on.
How we communicate with the community, and the size of the community team, has evolved and grown since the inception of the community newsletters. We feel like the newsletters have served their purpose well, but we have also started using other ways of providing the community with the same information: The Trello Board provides more transparency and insight. We have been working on increasing the number of news updates that go out on the forums and on Steam. We have also been working on being more active on social media to respond to player feedback and issues. As such, We are going to end the newsletters in their current form.
Not to worry though! Even though the newsletters are going away that does not mean we will not stop communicating with you. We will keep you updated about the work We are putting into Conan Exiles. News updates will be posted on the forums, on Steam, Reddit, and social media, when available, so keep your eyes posted to our official channels come 2019. We may also start doing monthly recaps, in case there's been a lot going on.
|~ Jens Erik Vaaler|
The Purge is a very important PvE aspect of the game and while it has worked on a technical level, it never really did hit the mark and confused a lot of players. The developers have seen your passion for this mechanic and your critique and reports. They are currently working on several significant improvements coding and design wise.
- A number of data-fixes has hit Testlive recently - but there are also code-fixes that will come that will make the purge more stable, coherent and with these fixes we will also introduce a new set of purge admin commands to allow for better control over the purge.
- See also: Useful links.
The developers have been working on faster loading times and general optimizations for buildings. Conan Exiles has hardly any limits in place for how big you can build, and they are especially excited to have you test these improvements.
AI and thrall improvements are one additional, very important aspect. The developers want pets and thralls to feel rewarding. This part will include improvements regarding thrall attack patterns, swimming/moving with thralls, giving you more info what is happening or happened with your thrall/pets and further fixes to thralls falling through floors, to only name a few examples. More importantly they will be working directly with your feedback on additional settings and mechanics for your pets and thralls in the form of defensive and aggressive stances as well as other suggestion they collected from the forums.
See the News and announcements tab for up-to-date TestLive patch ETA The developers saw your many votes on the Trello board and are actively looking into options of how to improve the issues they have seen reported. This needs some testing and decisions going forward for the different platforms.
More reliable and better quality VOIP[edit | edit source]
The biggest difference for players will be increased stability, improved audio quality (nothing can be done about the microphone though), and stereo sound.
The current version of in-game voice chat is peer-to-peer. When you use the in-game voice chat to talk to another person the game client will send the sound of your voice to everyone around your character.
The new VOIP implementation uses a third party service called Vivox. Here is how it works: When using the new in-game voice chat, the sound of your voice is broadcast to a server at Vivox, where it is mixed to the correct audio track and sent to the game clients.Vivox' server places the audio on a correct track in relation to your character in the game. If the speaker is far away their voice will sound distant. If they're standing to your right, the sound of their voice will mainly come from the right audio channel.
List of upcoming features[edit | edit source]
- Update 39 and Debaucheries of Derketo Pack DLC (ETA: October 2019).
- See TestLive patch notes at the top of this page.
(Not) listed, but recently (re-)mentioned:
- Improving AI, The Purge, siege and other core features and stability. Some examples:
- Adding commands to Thralls like Guard, or be defensive, etc.
- The Purge will get fixed bit by bit.
- Changes to how many "Purge points" you get per action and how often they’re doled out to players (they were currently a bit too low, which caused the Purge bar to barely move).
- They are also looking into the different way the Purge tracks who's online and who’s not when the system chooses who to attack.
- Expanding the Community team.
- Finishing and releasing the four remaining dungeons.
- Bugs that crash servers have a higher priority than exploits.
- A proper guide on how to use Automatic Downloading of Mods and the Event Log.
- Patches will go live on consoles a few days later usually, as it goes through certification at Sony (PS4) and Microsoft (Xbox) respectively.
- The developers are brainstorming and planning events for all servers.
- If you have any suggestions or ideas for events, feel free to share them with us in the suggestion forums.
- In theSHED's Powerhour interview, Jens Erik Vaaler mentioned they may be doing “halloween and christmas events” and events alike (read "halloween" - 2018: Night of Lost Souls) are able to be themed around Conan, for example "feast of the dead".
- They are also talking about doing some competitions outside of the game. (2018: Pumpkin Carving Contest)
- If you do not wish to participate in an ingame event, there may be a TestLive build available without the event content, but otherwise identical to the current live version. Players and admins should read the TestLive wiki page for important info on how to switch versions.
Planned for the future:
- more building contests.
This is information which needs to be added to the Upcoming features page. Please contribute it to the page if you are willing to and have time.
- Developer Stream Recap - June 20
- Anniversary Celebration - Anniversary Update, Riddle of Steel - Written Summary - May 10
- Building Competition and Upcoming Content - Featuring Robtheswede - April 12
- Newest Patches and Steam Free Weekend - Written Summary - March 9
- Re-balancing, VOIP, Testlive - Written Summary - February 8
2018[edit | edit source]
- Community Stream - The Age of Calamitous Mod Showcase (12-07-18) - Bulletin Summary Edition - December 18
- Dev Stream: Testlive Update with Oscar and Jens (11-23-18) - Bulletin Summary Edition - November 18
- Halloween Event and Community Showcase Stream (10-26-18) - Bulletin Summary Edition - October 18
- 10-12-18 - Funcom Developer Stream with Alex - Bulletin Summary Edition - October 18
- Q & A Dev Stream - Bulletin Summary Edition - September 8
- Stream Summary by TwinCrows - March 17
Cancelled features[edit | edit source]
|This article or section is not currently implemented within the game.
If any of the below features will still be implemented, the developers will officially announce it with a dedicated thread. Speculation may be misleading. Cancelled features are mentioned features which did not make it into the full game.
Mounts will be implemented in December 2019, but they were previously a cancelled feature.
Sorcery was originally supposed to be available in one of the first patches after Early Access of Conan Exiles. This info since has changed, as technical difficulties have arisen. Sorcery is only partially implemented. The only features currently available are
Description[edit | edit source]
Early Access description:
|“||Our sorcery system taps into the corruption debuffs that affect your character when they descend into the dark and corrupted places of the Exiled Lands. The more corrupted you are the more powerful your spells can become, but it also comes at a cost. To gain power you are forced to cut into your health and stamina, making your body weaker. The sorcery system will, in turn, give you access to necromancy and summoning rituals, letting you call upon evil, twisted creatures to do your bidding for you.||„|
|~ Joel Bylos|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sorcery, as initially pitched, will not make it into the game, but some elements will.
- The fast travel system is teleportation magic, but it does not require corruption to fuel it.
|“||To put it bluntly: Magic is still up in the air. Right now our current focus is finishing and releasing the three remaining dungeons that were on our roadmap. Sorcery is very, very early and we do not even know what it might look like or if it will be implemented at this point.||„|
|~ Jens Erik Vaaler|
- Before the reply by Jens in October (see above), it was mentioned by Joel Bylos in an interview with Firespark that sorcery may be released after the pets update. He hoped for the estimate release to be around the end of 2018. This he said was a very optimistic ETA however.
One of the programmers has been trying to create a Linux build for setting up servers. However, there was a problem with the version of Unreal Engine 4 they started with that he never managed to get passed.
- If you want to set up a dedicated server for Linux, you are able to use the Dedicated Server Launcher.
References[edit | edit source]
- Funcom_Ignasis#8696, CE Main discord - August 15, 2019
- Christmas and current focus, Tascha - December 7, 2018
- Q2 Financial Report
- https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/weekly-community-newsletter-its-christmas-time-once-again/ Dev Blog - December 19, 2018
- Midnight Grove Dungeon run stream (Twitch/YouTube)
- https://forums.funcom.com/t/where-the-magic-funcom/41137/29 - Jens Erik Vaaler, Funcom Forums - October 13, 2018
- Robtheswede, discord DM - February 1, 2019
- Special Saturday POWERHOUR! Conan Exiles with Jens Vaaler! Special Saturday POWERHOUR! Conan Exiles with Jens Vaaler!
- https://forums.funcom.com/t/where-the-magic-funcom/41137/29 - Jens Erik Vaaler, Funcom Forums - October 13, 2018
- Joel Bylos, Interview with Firespark, Part 2 - YouTube, August 24 
- Reply from Toolguy via PM (postID: 50742) following a thread by SylenThunder, Funcom Forums - January 6, 2019